Pasta! Me and my daughter loves pasta and when I discovered this Clara Ole Kung Pao pasta sauce we got hooked! A few days ago I mixed ground chicken in spiral pasta with Clara Ole Kung Pao sauce and my daughter loves the spicy-sweet flavor of it. So I decided to make another batch and this time I included Century tuna in can. What is so nice about the pasta dish is the new product in the market.
El Real healthy spaghetti pasta with real malunggay and carrot bits. Come join me as I whisk and turn the delicious goodness of this dish.
El Real Malunggay Carrots Healthy Spaghetti Pasta in Tuna Mushroom Kung Pao Sauce
Basically you can combine anything in any pasta dish, it really depends on your preference. But, since my daughter likes tuna and this new found pasta sauce.. tuna it is!
1- pack El Real Healthy Spaghetti with real malunggay and carrot bits made with Durum Wheat Semolina
Durum semolina pasta: This is the best choice for wheat-based pasta. Durum wheat is a high-gluten, exceptionally hard wheat, while "semolina" refers to the milling texture (that of fine sand, that is). If your pasta has a rich ivory color approaching yellow, you can bet it's been made with durum semolina. http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/food-guides/pasta
1- pouch of Clara Ole Kung Pao ready mix pasta sauce. (P37.00)
1-can Century tune flakes in vegetable oil. (P34.00)
1/2-can mushroom slices
1/2-cup Del Monte tomato paste
2-large red onions diced
5-6 cloves of garlic minced
3-tbsp olive oil
sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
*** I also added dices tomatoes for a more flavor and taste.
- Boil pasta in a pot with pinch of salt and dash of olive oil to prevent the pasta to stick while cooking. Cook the pasta according to your preference, for me it was about 10 minutes until it was soft to bite. Al dente is not the perfect pasta texture for this because it still leaves the middle crunch in every strand. For sure my daughter would complain. After boiling run the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a separate pan sautee garlic, onion and tomatoes in olive oil and add the can of tuna including the oil. let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Kung Pao sauce and stir, then add mushroom slices. You can replace or add any vegetable you like.
- Cover with lid and let it cook until the sauce reduces.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Bought it at SM supermarket priced at P49.50 per pack.
El Real Healthy Spaghetti with real malunggay and carrot bits made with Durum Wheat Semolina. "SpagHealthy Goodness Without the Veggie Taste!"
Sweet, spicy malunggay carrots in kung pao tuna mushroom pasta sauce.
You can topped it with parmesan cheese or roasted sesame seeds to add more nutty taste in every bite.
Pasta dish you can prepare in less than 30 minutes packed with healthy goodness of lycopene from the red sauce and Omega 3 fatty acid from the tuna.
Serve the family something healthy and easy to prepare pasta meal.
I hope you can try this dish and enjoy as we enjoyed it ourselves.