Vitamin D aids the body to absorb calcium. Less of this vitamin can lead to bone thinning, brittle bones a condition known as osteomalacia in adults and rickets in children.
You can watch out some early symptoms of this deficiency through the following:
- lack of focus or difficulty of thinking clearly
- muscle weakness
- unexplained fatigue
- bone pain that can lead to bone fractures
- deformities due to soft bones.
To a more serious effects of this deficiency can lead to Chronic Diseases such as Cancer, Heart Failure, Diabetes. This is because studies show that 36 of our organs and tissues are regulated by Vitamin D, including our heart, lungs, brain, and bones
One can never miss out these early signs due to lack of physical mobility is evidently present. Do not fret as there are a lot of ways to prevent Vitamin D deficiency and get that serious protection needed.
- A very common source of Vitamin D is through sun exposure. Spend time (10-20 minutes) outside without sunscreen; preferrably early morning. Walk around the neighborhood, run errands, or stay in the park with your kids on weekend.
- Breastfeeding moms should maintain vitamin D intake as breastmilk can be a good source of this vitamin for your baby.
- Consume vitamin D rich foods like yoghurt, fatty fish, cheese and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D supplementation.
A study here in the Philippines shows that 7 out of 10 Filipinos are Vitamin D Deficient (based on a study conducted with Hi-Precision Diagnostics, where 8200 Filipinos from key cities in the Philippines were tested for Vitamin D Deficiency)
Vitamin D-Deficiency happens because:
*It’s hard to get enough Vitamin D from the sun (indoor lifestyle, clothing, skin color, aging, and use of umbrellas or sunscreen limit Vitamin D absorption)
* It’s difficult to obtain from food (RDA of Vitamin D is equivalent to 40 eggs / 8 glasses of milk / 800g of salmon / 2 cans of tuna flakes every day)
Did you know that you can get the required dosage of Vit.D by daily intake of Forti-D?
Forti-D (Colecalciferol / Cholecalciferol 800 IU Vitamin D3), in a soft-gel capsule that can be taken daily for just P6.50.
Get that serious protection you need and be healthy not just for yourself but for the whole family too!
Seryosong proteksyon, Simulan ngayon!
For more information about Forti-D, visit their website at www.forti-d.com.