A work promotion is what us employees looks and aims for when we are in a company that we love.
Remember, when you were starting your career? When you aimed to impress the boss with ideas that you think will benefit the company. And with that ideas it can lead you to that recognition and eventually can make you promoted to the next or even higher level of position.
Now, how you can achieve that promotion and make it a reality. Here are six things that can guide you.
- Help out. Helping out your colleagues can build up a good-working relationship with everyone. You will find more success in doing things when a co-worker helps.
- Punctuality and Flexibility. Being punctual and flexible with time and work hours can add up to the items your boss can look up when it's time for them to validate you. You need to know and always be ready when the company needs you especially your time.
- Continuous Learning. As an employee your employer will always look for fresh ideas coming from you, that is where the power of technology comes in. With tons of articles you can read and study there is no way that you can be left out with the latest trends and topics in your field of expertise. Technology is changing rapidly every second and you don't want to be left behind when aiming for that promotion. You can check out #247Life where they can help you with developing plans and career options along the way.
- Determination. In a company were you need to serve clients' problems and issues you need to be determined to excel in your position. Every situation needs a different solution. When you loose track of that everything will fall every where. Extend an extra mile. You wouldn't want that work report your boss will get as a feedback.
- Adapt. You need to adapt to whatever changes your company may experience. For example your company used to purchase branded kind of pencil to use and all of a sudden generic pencils are the only ones available. Will you not use that and wait for the company to issue the branded kind? It will never be an excuse to do more with less.
- Do not ask for a promotion. It's a no-no to ask your employer to give you a promotion. It is unethical and somehow disrespectful. A promotion is given to a deserving employee and it can be you or others. When the fruit is ripe then it is ready to be picked.
Good luck with the upcoming promotion and I know you truly deserve it!