Last night's dinner was this slow cook pork cubes and chicken liver potato stew with Mc Cormick Herb gravy mix.
I have this dish on my mind even before I head back home from work, doing that mental check list of the ingredients I have at home.
Again, a very simple dish that doesn't need much of anything fancy. I always use whatever I have at home... a little experiment won't do no harm, just make sure it would taste yummy! ;)
300grams- pork cubes slice
250grams- chicken liver, cut depends on your serving suggestion. ( you can replace this or go stick with the pork cubes alone)
250grams- tomatoes diced ( i love lots of tomatoes with this dish)
2large-potatoes, peeled and slice in cubes
150grams- red onion chopped
2-3pcs- dry laurel leaf
1tbsp-crushed black pepper
2tbsp- McCormick Herb Gravy powder
250ml-water or pork stock if available
salt to taste
1. In a non-stick pan, heat pan with canola oil. Add garlic, onion and tomatoes and sautee.
2. Add pork cubes na chicken liver until it blends well, cover until it boil.
3. Add water or pork stock, cover and boil for 5mins in high heat.
4. Add crushed black pepper, fish sauce and bayleaf and dash of salt.Cover then slow cook for about 30 mins in low heat.
5. When the liquid is reduced add potatoes and include the McCormick herb gravy mix powder straight without diluting it in water. Cover.
6. Simmer it in low fire for another 30-45 mins. Serve hot paired with infused pandan flavored rice. and viola!
This simple dish can serve 4-6 people and for the price of P150.00.
Try out this dish and hit me with your feedback.
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on G+
Check me out on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Enjoy the rest of the day!